Longhorn's most useful feature "leaked "as XP tweak

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
After I set this tweak i kept getting crashes. I dont think it does anything.
 
Wow! Works like a charm.


Thanks.
 
Well, seems faster which is odd as the boot isn't being prefetched!
 
from what I've read it's a fake. what happens is that it just disables the prefetch. superfetch doesn't exist in windows xp
 
I have found very little serious discussions of this tweak so far. I've only seen one actual benchmark test, and the differences were very small, although performance did increase a tiny bit. I think it's very strange that it isn't discussed and tested more? Are there people better at searching here that can provide links to benchmarks and serious tests?
 
I tried it and my windows loaded pretty faster than usual :0

why didnt they apply this feature as default :s needs more cpu?
 
Really guys, if you think you saw a speed increase using "SuperFetch" in XP, go ahead and download Longhorn (Vista) and see how different it is.

For instance, in XP with "SuperFetch", Firefox takes about 7 seconds to load up on a cold boot (same as without the key). In vista, where the feature actually exists, Firefox loads in less than a second on a cold boot. Thats amazing, and you wont find that kind of speed in XP...
 
Teh 'superfetch' tweak is discussed here:
http://tinyurl.com/c6xhf

:google: turned up a few more 'superfetch' discussions & apparently it does nothing ..

cool3.gif
 
ir worked for me
maybe they did launch an update, and you installed it
 
I've just made a clean windows installation. I don't think that my pc's speed will be change and it will be faster than now but there is nothing to loose :) So i am going to try it. But if it will made my pc faster than now (recently installed windows) i will say that it is a really big, important, super thing :)
 
My WinXP are now faster because of the placebo effect on me and not because of this l33t reghack. :tongue:
 
kazaalite schrieb:
Teh 'superfetch' tweak is discussed here:
http://tinyurl.com/c6xhf

:google: turned up a few more 'superfetch' discussions & apparently it does nothing ..

cool3.gif

yeah it worked great the first time i did the tweak ... what i did was add the registry entry then cleared my prefetch folder and rebooted, it took only 2 bars in the loading screen to boot windows up so i thought it was much faster then before but after haveing it for a while ive noticed its the same as it was before the registry tweak ... now it takes 4-5 loads in the loading screen to boot up and i dont see any noticeable speed changes anymore
 
Didn't see any difference on my machines with that 'superthinggie' enabled.
 
i dont feel any diffrence with this tweak on.
i hope Vista will be faster.
 
Another urban legend?! There is nothing to improve your pc speed except upgrade...
 
I have just applied this to my 64 bit laptop running on xp pro sp2

boot time

before: 1:05
after: 1:05

nero:
before: 6sec
after: 6sec

autoroute
before: 12sec
after: 9sec
 
kazaalite schrieb:
I betcha they release a critical update to 'fix' this in a couple of weeks.


A couple of weeks? Don't you think that's rushing it by microsoft standards?

:biggrin:
 
I love placebos, nothing changes but you feel much better.
 
My pc boots faster now.. and a bit fair speed difference.
 
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

Beliebte Schlagwörter

Du verwendest einen veralteten Browser. Es ist möglich, dass diese oder andere Websites nicht korrekt angezeigt werden.
Du solltest ein Upgrade durchführen oder einen alternativen Browser verwenden.

Zurück
Oben Unten