Longhorn's most useful feature "leaked "as XP tweak

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Kenrin schrieb:
any drawbacks or side effects to having this enabled? there has to be something if microsoft wouldn't have it enabled by default all this time

none that i have noticed
 
star_1234 schrieb:
what os you have ?
did you go start --->run in the box thet open did you type regedit ?

Win2k Workstation, yes I did type regedit and went up until the directory of Memorymanagement, I guess they didn't have prefetch before the new millenia hehe.
 
they should just fix xp so it boot faster, then going to longhorn
 
Yeah from some testing with some peeps at other forums , there seems to make no difference at all,seems like this is one of those rumors which are nothing but.

Although the genuine advantage bypass thingy is true, so take it with a grain of salt.
 
This "tweak" has no effect on XP...
 
Sorry guys, Just tried it and didnt notice any difference at all, Shame cos my system needs something to make it quicker :)
 
I've just done it, and I can't say for sure as my pc is fairly quick any way
Maybe it's a bit faster, I'll keep a check.
 
sorry to say that it didnt work on my system.. win xp sp 2
 
My pc boots faster now.. and a bit fair speed difference. :top:
 
have try it, but it doenst " change " much.

(it isnt really faster.)
 
I tried this tweak but I haven't noticed much of a difference between the booting times.
 
i didnt notice any difference at all , not even 5% difference ... looks like this one is exclusive function of Vista
 
I'll give it a shot, nothing to loose!
Thanks for the tip
 
id love to try it but i dont like playing with the registry....
does this tweak cause any instabilities or anything like that?
 
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

Beliebte Schlagwörter

Du verwendest einen veralteten Browser. Es ist möglich, dass diese oder andere Websites nicht korrekt angezeigt werden.
Du solltest ein Upgrade durchführen oder einen alternativen Browser verwenden.

Zurück
Oben Unten