Get rid of some windows XP Services

  • Ersteller Ersteller lich838-pr0n
  • Erstellt am Erstellt am
I would say get rid of Windows XP at all!
 
there alot of windows stuff can be get rid off
nice info
 
THANKS THANKS THANKS finally i can kill some of them
 
It's really annoying when these services are executed, but I don't how to deal with them cuz I don't recognize most of them. Thanks for your list.
 
another way to free from indexing and free up a little hd space is to right click ong the drive in my computer>properties>Allow indexing....

switch it off and free the warmth of free ram
 
I think it's kinda risky messing with that shit
But I I'll give it a try since I'm formatting my PC soon :biggrin:
 
Good idea, but should be implemented carefully...

Just to add a bit of personal experience, I also had to shut down some of those unnecessary services (even though my machine is quite strong - about 1.5 G of RAM - I still had a problem because I was working at home, and running some pretty heavy programs on it, for IT development).
In general it work fine. However, I did get into trouble for shutting down a *necessary* service... in my case it was a service called "C-DillaCdaC11BA". I thought it was junk because it's not an original microsoft service, and it doesn't even have a description... unfortunatly it turns out you need it for one of the kiddy programs I use...
 
Ah very nice thank you.

I had seen a list like this before but had to format and well...you know how it
goes. Forgetting to write down where you found that site. yada yada yada

But hey, thanks again dude. :top:
 
dont touch this it nerfed my pc meh i got more ;)
 
lich838-pr0n schrieb:
Not really, by disabling all the services you might find some problems, the idea is to quit those hog resources, like index service or task scheduler.

BTW, if you want to get rid of wisptis.exe, this one is started when open Acrobat Reader and hangs in the memory till you shut down it manually, instead you can kill this little annoying service, and acrobat will work fine without it.

Start > run > %SystemRoot%\system32\wisptis.exe -unregserver

you will need to restart your PC in order to use acrobat once again

If you are NOT using tabletpc you can even delete that file.
 
Word for the wise.

Don't turn off windows audio if you have onboard sound.
 
you are the real deal man very nice shit there
 
thks for this info just checked mine and most had already been done over the years, but nice to have explained what they do :)
 
Yeah windows should run much faster if you disable all of those...here is another list of processes you can disable
For lowcore and hardcore users ...some people like some of them on so it kind of explains what some of them do..and why some of the things happen if you stop some of the services...I.E..."Disabling this will result in system stability" hint hint...Don't touch this for your computer's sake.

http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/xptweaks/supertweaks6.htm
 

Beliebte Schlagwörter

Du verwendest einen veralteten Browser. Es ist möglich, dass diese oder andere Websites nicht korrekt angezeigt werden.
Du solltest ein Upgrade durchführen oder einen alternativen Browser verwenden.

Zurück
Oben Unten