Get rid of some windows XP Services

  • Ersteller Ersteller lich838-pr0n
  • Erstellt am Erstellt am
THANKS finally i can kill some of them
 
The most important one, IMHO, is the MSmessenger process that can get hijacked by spammers and popup messages out of nowhere.
 
Can I suggest that controversial items such as dchp are highlighted in bold, so that people will notice it and think twice before diaabling it? same goes for memory card or wireless services, other than that this is a great list.. I have been looking for something like this for a little while now.
edit:Or could you at least edit the post and clarify exactly what that service is, for example, just saying dchp is useless unless you need routing is not sufficient for most people, could you explain that if you connect via a router and a dynamic address then you will need this service? and be equally as descriptive for other controversial items?
 
Well i was looking for something like this a while ago... nice to found it here! Good work and ill give it a try on disabling some processes!
 
Well I disabled everything I thought was safe.. except for dchp and support for wireless devices and a few others, but now I have these annoying beeps while using windows, for example when I click end task on something in taskmanager windows beeps! the service "windows audio" was disabled like the guide said, could this be it? I really can't have that beeping, its driving me crazy.
 
some of these disablements i agree with but others are personal choice and I leave them on like dhcp and ipsec security
 
I prefer leave everything as it is. You will not get more speed than 10% instead you will have a lot of problems, especialy with time, when you forget what was modified.
 
Before diable anything, try manual to see if its necassery for your system...
 
Very useful guide, i saved some of my ram ;)
 
Two problems here, not sure if its releated to stopping these services or not.
First Firefox is stealing focus: when i click an email link it pops up on the monitor (used to sit in the taskbar)

Also nothing is appearing in the taskbar next to the clock, even though I minimize things that usually go there and they appear in processes, they still don't appear in the system tray, but minimizing to the main taskbar works ok.
 
Most of the services are not usefull ... it is better without them
great one ...

:biggrin:
 
Many of those sevices are useless to most of us. I only have 19 running
 
thanks for the information
gonna do some changes in my PC now
 

Beliebte Schlagwörter

Du verwendest einen veralteten Browser. Es ist möglich, dass diese oder andere Websites nicht korrekt angezeigt werden.
Du solltest ein Upgrade durchführen oder einen alternativen Browser verwenden.

Zurück
Oben Unten