Pro Gamer Collects Six-Figure Salary

  • Ersteller Ersteller p2p-freAk
  • Erstellt am Erstellt am
Man - I just read this. I could have been this guy. Wonder how he got hooked up?
 
Gaming testers make quite a bit....enough to make a comfortable living without an alternative source of income. Incredible really...
 
I've testing games for 2 years, nice job but no future.
 
Yeah, but that article doesn't mention how many years he was selling burgers and bagging groceries. Or how he might have eye cancer from being in front of a monitor for so long.
 
Not surprising that the kid earns so much now that he has product endorsements from Abit, Creative Labs, etc. He'll be a forgotten nobody probably in another year. Anyone remember when Thresh was the big gaming figurehead only a few years ago???
 
exactly , good times will be there for a year or two .. especially in this kind of field it cant be forever .
 
Pro gamers are just like pro atheletes. Once age catches up with you and you can't outperform your younger competitors, you are out of the race. Too bad with pro gamers, they can't become coaches unlike retired atheletes.
 
chessnut schrieb:
Pro gamers are just like pro atheletes. Once age catches up with you and you can't outperform your younger competitors, you are out of the race. Too bad with pro gamers, they can't become coaches unlike retired atheletes.

Yeah, but who has a job he enjoys the most? If I was a pro gamer/tester I think I would enjoy every single minute. Not to mention I would gladly work for overtime...:D
 
6 figure salary... that's enough for a lifetime :)
 
To me, i've always thought the best gamers were back in the 80s, those raking up super scores on Mario, space invaders, donkey kong, etc. No way back then would anyone believe they could actually make money from playing games. Good for present day gamers that they are reaping some financial rewards from all this.
 
weird... being paid to.. play... and a 6 digits salary.... grrrrr..... and I'm studing for what??? In the future pro gamers will be paid like football stars?? LOLOLOL I'm gonna start practicing some game... hope I've got luck... or then I'm gonna work for Burger king or something... that's what gonna happened to that guy...
 
I read in the Times that he practices ~8hrs a day and runs 3 miles each day to stay in shape. Seems to me, to obtain that six figure income you would need to "work" on it just as hard or even harder than a regular job. I'm sure he sacrifices his enjoyment of playing games because of his "job," poor guy.
 

Beliebte Schlagwörter

Du verwendest einen veralteten Browser. Es ist möglich, dass diese oder andere Websites nicht korrekt angezeigt werden.
Du solltest ein Upgrade durchführen oder einen alternativen Browser verwenden.

Zurück
Oben Unten