Is there anybody who use mirc for download?

dango

Well-known member
I was trying for a wile and it works grate , is it works good always ?
 
I used it a few times to DL some rare files. However it was really a pain in the butt with all the procedures to view and access the files, then the wait for the files, and also how you download from one source so if he leaves, cuts the connection, or anything your screwed. It's too primitive in a world of multi-source downloading, maybe in times of napster and kazaa it would seem equal, but now it seems like a tedious and unworthy method of getting files.
 
But its protected from RIAA suit and the speed is good .
 
i tend to use it for anime, good groups with good routers can make speeds fantastic, a queue isnt very long if its a 100mbit bot, i could download entire series of anime in a matter of hours. It all depends on the room you find, number of bots, speed of bots.
 
i use it for some 0day things, but older items the queuse are huge. i found ircspy.com's DCC manager better then mirc for download, as i use mirc for chat as well.
 
mirc is really onle good for chatting and anime, some 0day chats have queues of 500, and when i used to be a mirc whore i would wait hours trying to download a game, then fail to connect to the bot and loose my spot, so thats when i switched to other methods, especially when 3 9 hour queues happen in a row
 
I used to download single MP3s and full albums. before p2p was prevalent but i completely lost track , i understand that now you can download movies at a great speed , but i don't know how and where

so if you can share,it'd be great
 
hehe, I heard about mirc downloading, but I'm not so great at irc so I actually don't know how to :D:D so if anybody whants to tell me how it would be great
 
they should tell you in the MOTD but basically you get a list or number of the file and do /ctcp (bots name) xdcc send #(number of item you want to download) and it should queue you up
 
Its good for finding rare things. Good place to dl anime from
 
i use it for manga now, but i used to use it for a lot of stuff before bittorrent. nowadays there is just too many downsides. the rooms you have to be in, have to get packlist, or have to wait in fserve queue. then if you get a connection bump boom you have to start over, keeping up with all your downloads is a pain too. the 100mbit bots may be best but bittorrent is just as fast or faster if you learn to configure your settings correctly
 
i use it for download series
 
woow is there still ppl downloading from irc? i thought its gone now, i used irc to dlownload before Direct connect was out.
 
I just remember a name of a site I used to work with but it changed since the last I've been there it's http://www.packetnews.com/

So that's a beginning
 
i used to use it for movies when i had a very slow connection. i used to download stufffrom TMDmoviez, music from TMDmusic. I still download anime on it. its not too bad.
 
I used to use addictz server it had all the new stuff fast. Now I use it only for some hard to find apps. Best searcher is packetnews, xdccsearch and ircspy. You migh try an app called xdcc search pro.

:)
 
mIRC+xdccKlipper works well for me, but the queues and dissapearing bots can get on your nerves. ircspy.com and packetnews.com to search out those xdcc files.
 
if your an emu person it is a goldmine for the rarer stuffs!

though it just becomes irritating to be bumped off all the time. you must be very committed to getting the stuff to have the patience
 
too dangerous over here to use MIRC to transfer files. 3 youths just got arrested and charged in court for illegal distribution and sharing of copyright music over here. i'm sticking with the torrents and the emule, irc too risky.
 
i have tried it twice it was too slow to even complete my downloads !
 

Beliebte Schlagwörter

Du verwendest einen veralteten Browser. Es ist möglich, dass diese oder andere Websites nicht korrekt angezeigt werden.
Du solltest ein Upgrade durchführen oder einen alternativen Browser verwenden.

Zurück
Oben Unten