Intel Kentsfield i 5,2 gigahertz

aricemax123

Well-known member
on a japanies site you can read about the upcoming intel prossessor Kentsfield that got overclocked to 5251 megahertz with LN2 cooling
in the blog you can see that guy who overclocked he run the super pi cpu test and got 9.8 sec with only one singel core. imagen what it culd be witha quadro core if that super pi had a support :)


M/B: ASUS P5W DH @ BIOS:0801
CPU: Kentsfield 2.66G
CPU Cooling: LN2
Memory: Corsair 6400C3 1GB x2
VGA:Matrox Mille PCI
HDD: Maxtor 6L080P0
Power Supply: Zippy-720PE
Vcore: 1.87V, Vdimm: 2.8V, Vio: 3.34V
OS: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
MEM: 3-3-3-4-15.6ƒÊs16T-25-5-9-8-7-4-4, 1:1 T-D




http://blue.ap.teacup.com/kaz622/
 
Cool stuff, but I don't think it's pricetag (don't know what it is, but one would think that it won't be cheap) will be justifiable to 99% of home users since there still aren't many applications written to utilize more than 1 core at a time. And by the time multi threaded apps are common, this Kentsfield will be old tech.

About the only use I see for it right now is in very busy servers.
 
I read about this on another site, totally crazy. I will wait for the kentsfield line of processors to be released before I upgrade my computer, mostly because I will have the money for an upgrade by then.
 
this is the first time i'm happy that i didn't bought the conroe or allendale proc from intel cuz sriusly the kentsfield simply rox just imagine what you will able to do with normal cooling and the new mobo's that are comming out (especialy DFI)
 
Holy shit, I just saw THG review today OCed to 3.3GHz

This is fucking insane. 4 Cores...5GHz mygod.
 
soldar schrieb:
most stuff can't use quad cores for now , some can't even use dual ;p
the benefit from these chips is a long way from now i think.


But those numbers are fun! :D.

Long way=couple of moths? ;]
 
wow, probably be way out of my price range though

i wonder how fast you could CCE a dvd with that chip :)
 
Looking at the price tag for the e6600 a low rated Kentsfield will do the job and will oc just nicely.
 
this Kentsfield ruls now but i wait for AMD 4x4 in my future PC
 
Its to much power, only servers need this, simple users nevel i'll use all this!!
 
Most games are more dependent on having a good graphics card than they are on the CPU. Think about it, you can play just about any game out there almost maxed out with just a 5 year old Pentium 4 if you have a high end GeForce 7 series card. But if you have a Core 2 Extreme paired with say a GeForce 5 series, you won't be able to play shit.
 
I cant answer you like I want couse my english is to week.
Sure no matter what cpu you have when GF5 is installed in your system forget about playing.
But I will show graphs from article about this "the meaning of cpu in new games". Youre wrong thinking like you sad that P4 is enough to pair with GF7.
Look here :
Farcry:
http://www.egielda.com.pl/?str=art&id=1760-12

GTA San Andreas
http://www.egielda.com.pl/?str=art&id=1760-15

Half Life 2
http://www.egielda.com.pl/?str=art&id=1760-16

This is in my polish language but all you need is to look at the graphs.
See how much cpu with no enough power works with 7600gs or 7900gtx. Many times you will be loosing decent % of performance.
 
Now that IDF is on.. I'm sure we'll see lots more of these "BABIES" being shown off...

Mind you, I still think the Pentium D 805 is still by far the most Bang for the $$$... when properly overclocked.
 

Beliebte Schlagwörter

Du verwendest einen veralteten Browser. Es ist möglich, dass diese oder andere Websites nicht korrekt angezeigt werden.
Du solltest ein Upgrade durchführen oder einen alternativen Browser verwenden.

Zurück
Oben Unten